This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Read our affiliate disclosure to learn more.
Everyone wants their personal space to stand out. You don’t want your room to look generic, you want it to be unique and show a different side of yourself. This is easier said than done without spending large sums of money. But what if you didn’t have to lose your money getting that final piece that ties your room together? What if the finishing touch that your room needs could be created with your very own hands?
Well, I’m here to show you how you can create an elegant Moon Star Wall Hanging using materials you probably already have.
- First, take your index finger and bring it close to your middle finger. Hold both fingers together and begin wrapping yarn around both of your fingers using your other hand. Once you have a bundle around one inch in thickness, pull your fingers out and take the loose ends and tie a knot around the bundle.
- Begin to first cut the edges off of the bundle with some scissors. Then cut the bundle into bits and pieces, starting from one end and finishing at the other. Just imagine you are trying to turn the bundle into bits of snow.
- Take a piece of cardboard that has been cut to resemble a crescent moon. Spread glue around the entire surface of one side and then fill in the entire side with your cut-up yarn from the previous step. Once the side with the glue has been fully covered, take red yarn and cut it into tiny bits as you did with the white yarn. Proceed to mix the red bits of yarn with any remaining white bits of yarn.
- Now cut out five stars using cardboard. Each star should be around 2-3 inches in length. Cover one side of each star with glue and then paste the red and white yarn bits all over the stars.
- Now repeat step one using red yarn. But this time instead of mincing the entire bundle, you will just trim it down so that it resembles a small ball. Apply glue to your red yarn ball and paste it on the outer edge of your moon, the same side that you glued the white yarn to. Repeat this process until the entire moon’s edge has been outlined with red yarn balls.
- Take five long strings of white yarn. You decided how long you want them. Using a pin, stick four red beads throughout each yarn. Then glue one end of each yarn piece to the top point of each star.
- Finally, glue the opposite ends of each yarn piece to the bottom of the moon.
Congratulations! You now have your very own moon star wall hanging.